Top Social

DIY Magnetic Eyelashes!

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Can I just say that I am so happy right now?! I HAVE LIFE HACKED THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: EYELASHES.

I LOVE the look of eyelash extensions but don't have them because
A.) I don't have the money to get them done every month. (Let's be honest, even if I did I wouldn't because you can buy like, an airplane ticket with how much you can spend on lashes lol.)
B.) I don't want to take the time to get them filled.
C.) I like having the choice between real or fake lashes.
D.) I'm one of those gross people who loves to pick things, whether it's scabs or eyelashes. So I end up picking them all off and have 0 eyelashes. 

So, when I saw that little Facebook ad for magnetic lashes I bought them faster than I have ever bought anything in my entire life. (Well, except for those Russell Stover chocolate covered marshmallows that come out during the holiday season. Mmmmmmm.) However, when they came, I was really disappointed. I mean, they covered like the outside part of my eye and looked wayyyy too natural. If I'm gonna have fake eyelashes people gotta KNOW, ya feel me ladies??

So, I took it upon myself to create the ULTIMATE FALSE MAGNETIC EYELASHES. This is probably the most important thing I will ever do for you (yes, you). So, let's begin!

DIY MAGNETIC EYELASH EXTENSIONS:

Materials needed:
- magnetic eyelashes 
- false eyelashes (One pair for every two pairs of magnetic lashes. So if you have four magnetic lashes, just get one pair of false eyelashes. You can't tell but I have 6 magnetic eyelashes in this picture.)
- eyelash glue


Step 1.) Trim the eyelashes to fit your eye. I actually ended up trimming mine more after I finished them. You'd rather trim too little than too much, so be careful!


Step 2.) Squeeze eyelash glue to the top of the magnetic eyelash. Make sure you have tested out which magnets go together and are getting one that works as a top lash. You'll want to let the glue dry for a bit until it is tacky, then add the false eyelash on top. 


I couldn't get a picture while they were going together because it was MESSY! But here is how mine look afterward. So I have the false eyelashes on the top, glue in the middle, and the magnetic lashes on the bottom. These are what I would put on the top of my eye, and I have the little untouched magnetic lashes that go on the bottom. You only need the top magnetic lash to have the false strip lash. The bottom one can stay as it came. 


Step 3.)  Once they are dry (make sure they're dry!) try them on and trim accordingly.

That's it! You're done! Here's a before and after of mine. Top photo = mascara. Middle = "shy" lashes. Bottom = "midnight" lashes.


So, I will warn you. Depending on your eye shape, not all of the lash may fit right against your eyelid. You can mess around with the lashes and bend them, but they don't always stay once you get them on. This is an obvious downfall of this DIY, but from a normal standing point you can't really tell. (As my husband promises me.) Here are some photos to show you what they look like if you were a normal talking distance away.

These first photos are the "shy" lashes. Also I didn't know I would be making this a four square collage at the time, so excuse my lack of posing. 


These are the "midnight" lashes.


So there you have it! This whole thing was like... maybe $30 for everything? Definitely cheaper than eyelash extensions! I love being able to skip mascara and just slide them off before bed! And even though the edge doesn't fit right against my eyelid, I feel it's worth it. I tested it on J and had him get varying levels of close to me and tell me when he could tell lol. 

But I mean, overall WHO IS LOOKING AT ANYONE THAT CLOSE! I mean, in our narcissistic world it is nice to imagine that my classmates are going to spend their time critiquing the outer corner of my eyelashes, but in reality?? Not. Gonna. Happen.

Anyway! If you guys try these, let me know what you think!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment