Top Social

Thanksgiving

Saturday, November 28, 2015
This year it was my family's turn for Thanksgiving. They wanted to go to Hotel Park City and eat out for dinner, so that's exactly what we did!

I loved being the first one up every morning and watching the sun rise through our cottage windows.

My brother flew in from New Mexico and brought his girlfriend with him. It was so much fun having them both with us. :) (That's not his girlfriend in the picture, that's my sister hahaha.)

You guys. HAHAHHAHA. This cute old couple was sitting at the table reading their newspapers. It was so adorable I just couldn't resist taking a picture. The first one I took wasn't focused, so I took another, but the lady TOTALLY caught me. I love her face haha.

This is me trying to pretend I wanted a picture of my sister instead... not sure how believable it was haha. Oh, but also this was at Wasatch Bagels and they had CAFFEINE FREE CHAI. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! So yummy!

We drank many a Martinelli's and watched many a episodes of Lost.

EVERY SINGLE SELFIE WE TRY TO TAKE WITH MY 50MM. WHY, 50MM. WHY.

We went to Ruth's Chris for Thanksgiving dinner (and for my sister's birthday dinner the night before lol) and it was so nice not having to cook anything or clean anything up haha. How lazy does that make me sound?! No, but really. Like, we could all just hang out and spend time together and no one had to be slaving away in the kitchen. Neither Jake or I are big fans of Thanksgiving dinner. I think next year when we start our own Thanksgiving traditions we are going to either go out to eat somewhere Mexican or Italian or make tacos at home hahahaha. 

VEGETARIANS ATTENTION: This is a bagel sandwich from Atticus Coffee in Park City. It has cheese, egg, and VEGGIE SAUSAGE. It tastes like real sausage and scared me so I had to have Jake test it to make sure it wasn't real. GO THERE IF YOU MISS BREAKFAST SANDWICHES.



All in all, it was a good last Thanksgiving in Utah! It's weird that we're getting down to our last holidays in Utah haha. I remember when it seemed like New York was years away, and now I'll be living there in 5 months! I'm so excited to start some traditions in the city :) We've talked about what traditions we want to do with our own family one day, and it's weird to think that next Thanksgiving we can start implementing them. Like real adults haha! Anyway, sorry to bring New York up in every other post but I'm just so dang excited I can't stop thinking about it haha. 

XOXO
- - - - -

7 comments on "Thanksgiving "
  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm always the dine out/take out type when it comes to cooking for the holidays - it's either out of pure laziness or I feel like it's just much more relaxing and fun heading out rather than staying at home. I can't believe the amount of snow you guys have already! It makes me cringe, haha; definitely not a fan of snow at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I always tend to be at my parents' house for holiday stuff, so I do absolutely no cooking! Which is probably a good thing because I am absolutely rubbish at it. Ha. I feel sorry for my future partner/self. You two are just so cute. Fo real. Don't be sorry about bringing NY up in every post...I would be doing the exact same thing if I were you! Hahaha. So much snow! That is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really fun Thanksgiving. I just found your blog, and I think it is pretty cool. I am originally from Utah, but have since moved and live in Vegas. I get the whole don't fit into Utah thing. Anyway, I look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving and episodes of Lost...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures look so cozy and that bagel looks DIVINE!!! Hahah the picture of the old lady actually made me laugh out loud. I totally creep on old couples when I'm out. They're just so cute!!! How can you not?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Thanksgiving in Park City!! Isn't Wasatch Bagel the absolute best!!! I am happy you had such a great break!

    xo
    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty genius idea to go out to dinner.... I dread the day I'll have to start making Thanksgiving dinner! I like helping out with cooking, but I'd hate to make the menu and like execute it.
    These photos <3 WInter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete