Top Social

nvm i'll be here + pictures from cancun forever ago

Sunday, August 10, 2014


DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE.

Basically here was the issue.
-My birthday is December 19.
-Graduation is December 19.
-I have 36 credits left.
-I am taking 18 credits in the fall. That leaves 18 credits left.




I was originally going to do a lot of school this summer and graduate on my birthday, but then I got a job and had zero time. I will have done 14 credits this summer though, so I'm counting that as a success in my book.




I have decided to graduate in April instead of December for multiple reasons.
#1.) It's only four more months of school.
#2.) I'm still graduating a year early.
#3.) I am getting super emotional and burned out, because of doing so much school.
#4.) I can still get a job and count that for 9 credits of internship, and then take 3 classes that are just fun. Like sculpting or ceramics. So, it really won't be that bad.
#5.) The thing I care about more than anything else is going to a good graduate program. Preferably Columbia or UW, and I need to make my applications for those really good. If I cram all this school, I won't have any time to make my applications good.
#6.) More than anything else, I really need to get good grades if I have any chance of getting in.




This has been a long, painful, emotional decision haha. Many a tear have been shed. Many a hairs have been brushed (because my husband is so awesome). Many a chocolates have been eaten. BUT. I really think this will be better in the long run, so I'm sticking with it.

So, never mind on the whole "hiatus" issue, because I'm back!! Like, in every way. I'm back to showering every day and being hygenic, I'm back to making cute things, I'm back to adventuring. Basically I'm just back to living a normal life that isn't filled with school in every possible minute.

I quit my job, and am just finishing up these two classes. Then we are going to go on a vacation where no school will be thought of and that will be the most lovely.




This probably means nothing to anyone else (but at least you got to see some uber-embarrassing pictures of me when I had no eyelashes last summer), but I have been struggling with this decision for almost a year (ha). So, it feels nice to finally have made a definite choice and to finally have a plan that won't cause me to cry daily because of stress (I didn't cry daily before, but did eat my feelings quite often).



So, yay for life right now! If you have any recommendations of things to do that bring happiness (ex: things to bake, places to go, shows/movies to watch, bands to listen to, things to make) I accept them wholeheartedly, because I now have time! And I'm sooooooo excited haha.



Three more tests and we're done until September 3rd! Wish me luck!

XOXO
- - - - - 
E
3 comments on "nvm i'll be here + pictures from cancun forever ago"
  1. You are seriously awesome for graduating, who cares when! I wish I was as far along in school as you are. I have been in limbo land for like a year ha. School can be frustrating sometimes, and definitely can cause burnout! As far as awesome movies to watch I would recommend any ABC family movies on Netflix. They are absolutely cheese-tastic! If you are into the whole hallmark/cheesy/feelgoody type movies. They always make me feel better anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for decisions! I was in your shoes earlier this year, because I could have graduated in June, but then I got engaged and stuff got crazy, and I wasn't sure if I should push it back or not. it was an especially difficult decision because I had a job offer at a company that I realllly wanted to work for, but the offer started in June. I was stressed out about it every. single. day. for literally almost a year. I finally decided to push it back til December, and when I called the company to give them the bad news, they actually totally understood and extended the offer til my graduation! It was the best decision because I've been able to just work all summer and make money so my husband can focus on school. I think you're making a great decision -- there's really no rush. it seems like you have so many great reasons to just give it another couple of months. enjoy your newfound stress-free life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, it sounds like you've definitely made the better decision! thats a hard one to figure out too, especially when it is so close! but it's better to live life always instead of putting it on pause. last year both my husband & i did 21 credits in one semester & it was SOOO DIFFICULT, i would not recommend it. much better to have less stress & you can focus more!

    ReplyDelete