Top Social

costa vida, starbucks, and house at the end of the street

Monday, August 19, 2013








Well, folks. My apologies for the hiatus this little space took. I finally finished my online class (woohoo!) but unfortunately did not achieve an A- and consequently will not receive my financial aid for the 2013-2014 school year (boohoo!). But, whatever. I really did try my hardest, as lame as that sounds. So, personal victory.

In other news, these photos are from Thursday when I went out with my friends from work. Everyone who works there is quitting. I've only got two more days and then I'm off like a dirty shirt. Yi! Let's take a moment and reflect on some of the things I will NOT miss about the dinosaur museum...

  • Wrong pronunciations of things such as Turken Bacon (really Turkey Bacon) and mini Trex meal (really T-Rex meal).
  • People never specifying what size of popcorn or drink they would like. I.E. *walks up* "I would like popcorn and a drink!" "Ok, what size of popcorn and what size of drink?" "Where are you sizes?" "They are right in front of your face." (Ok, I don't respond like that, but good heavens it's almost necessary.)
  • The constant ordering of pretzels. Ex: Last time I worked a table ordered four pretzels in separate transactions. I finally watched them eat the last one, and they would literally put it in the center of the table and all four adults would share it. Like, when you came up for a second pretzel why wouldn't you just get one for each person instead of coming up for multiple transactions?
  • Old mean people. Like, I'm sorry you can't hear very well sir, but I am literally yelling your pretzel options so don't give me sass. 
  • When people don't specify what chips they would like. "What comes in your mini T-Rex meal?" (By the way, this could almost be one in itself, like read right under where it says "T-Rex" and you will find out!) "Chip or applesauce and one of those little drinks." "Ok sounds great! We will have a grilled cheese mini T-Rex meal." ........ "Ok... Would you like chips or applesauce." "Chips." (I always give them a couple seconds to see if they are just thinking or if they really are that dumb.) "Ok.... What kind of chips would you like." "Oh! Let's do the baked lay's."
  • People standing by the glass and watching you make their food. Like. Just no. Just no.
  • Kids who spill their drinks. And parents who leave it there.
  • When customers claim there is something missing/not included in their sandwich. I.E. The couple that claimed there wasn't any bacon on their sandwich, which me and my coworker made together (she baked it and I put on the sauce), and definitely put bacon on. The woman who specifically told me her daughter wanted a BLT with no lettuce and ranch dress. "So, only bacon, tomatoes." *little girl pipes up saying she wants mayo* "Ok, so only bacon, tomatoes, and mayo." "Ok, no problem your total is a million dollars." We then take our her sandwich and she sends it back saying there wasn't supposed to be mayo... 
That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure Michelle could list off way more. Now, things I will miss about the little dinosaur museum.
  • Mattie eating popcorn like a cat.
  • The little treats coworkers bring in for people's birthdays. 
  • People who say "oz" like The Wizard of Oz, instead of ounce.
  • Free soda.
  • Finding expired or damaged chips and eating them. 
  • Eating broken pretzels.
  • The honey mustard!
  • Working with awesome people who make me LOL on a regular basis.
It was a good job, but it's run it's course and now I am off to not really bigger or better things, but just equal things, I suppose.
I plan to open an Etsy shop and see if I can't sell some prints or something. Heaven knows I have enough paintings hoarded everywhere.

Be nice to the person taking your food order, ladies and gentlemen. Karma will slap you straight in the durn face if you aren't.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

1 comment on "costa vida, starbucks, and house at the end of the street"
  1. Having fun with your coworkers is always worth all the weird customers!

    ReplyDelete