Top Social

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Thursday, December 10, 2015
Sorry for my absence lately. I don't really have a good excuse. I went to Hawaii. I've also been really into reading books instead of blogs. No offense to the blog world, but sometimes I have to take a break to realign myself with real life haha.

I'll be back soon though. I have some pictures from Hawaii that I really want to share! I have the week after Christmas off, so I'll probably catch up with blogs then :) I promise I am still friends with all of you and care about your lives!

Things I've been doing instead of blogging:
- Reading: The Dark Half (good), The Dead Zone (the first Stephen King book I haven't liked) and I just started Gone Girl (I've been waiting for this for so long.)
- Organizing: I've basically set aside two garbage bags full of clothes I need to get rid of. I'll probably do an Instagram closet sale later ugh.
- Spending time with Jake: I have been pretty angsty/sad lately, so anytime Jake is home I just want to spend time with him and not be on my computer or anything. Not to mention I've had a few meltdowns that have wasted away my evenings from anything productive.
- Moping: I know I'm moving to New York in a few months (138 days to be exact) but I'm getting really done with Utah/not having my own apartment/the absence of novelty haha. I miss decorating and walking around in my underwear. Not going to lie. It's like knowing New York is so close is making me crazy.

That's it. I don't really feel like I have a lot to show for myself in reality haha. But, I've basically been really focused on surviving basic life scenarios, like getting up in the morning and interacting with human beings. The only thing keeping me going these days is knowing that good things are coming soon. Soon I will be in my own apartment in New York City, decorating, wearing only my underwear, and going to school again. I'll be using public transportation and exploring a whole new territory.

Ok and I'd be lying if I didn't give Jake 100% credit for being the best. He brushes my hair, gives me back rubs, goes to the store for me, and is so nice and calm all the time. He'll be like, "Why are you sad?" And I'll either vent for an hour or say nothing and he is so great in either scenario. I probably couldn't put up with myself for 10 minutes if I were him. That boy deserves a medal for doing it every day and STILL telling me I'm not crazy or depressed when I claim I am hahaha.

Oh, but I actually am starting real therapy at the end of this month, so I'm really excited. I need to work on the way I communicate with others, and make it more effective. I also need to work on my attitude and interpretation of others. That's all I'll say on a public platform, but regardless I think it will fix some problems I've been having consistently the past year or two.

- - - - -

If you read all this, congrats! You care about me as a person! You're not just here for the pictures! ;)

I love you all.

XOXO
- - - - -
E
3 comments on "Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder"
  1. Can't say it enough- I'm so excited for you to get out of your home state. And double excited to read all about your New York adventures. And jealous that you're starting therapy? haha. I think I could benefit from that. I think pretty much anyone could benefit from a few therapy sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are forgiven for your absence. and i can't wait to see hawaii pics!! i went to therapy for a little bit and it was awesome! i seriously believe everybody should go because we all have shiz we need to talk about ha. alllso, i'm so excited about this new york adventure coming up in 138 days haha. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh wat, I thought I commented on this last night, but I just came back and my comment is missing. let's try again.

    yay for walking around in underwear soon! the best!

    I have been loving all your hawaii grams. cant wait to see more. gosh i love hawaii!

    also yay therapy! that is so great. life is crazy and boring and long and short, maybe i'm not making sense, but what really keeps me sane is working towards my goals and improving myself. that will be awesome to focus on that aspect of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete