Top Social

0 1 - 1 0 - 2 0 1 4

Saturday, January 11, 2014
I took these photos a week after I touched up my blue (or should I say green?). I used Punky Color this time, and left it in while I watched The East (which is an amazing movie, by the way). For whatever reason, it still looks a little green in these pictures. Who knows, maybe it still looks green in real life. I was going to dye the whole thing black... but then I decided that wouldn't help my hair be any healthier! So, I am going to keep the blue until I either get in trouble for it or get a job. 
Probably the only down side is not being able to take steaming hot showers anymore, but it's a sacrifice I'm glad to make! Plus, I guess I technically can, I just can't rinse my hair in steaming hot water.





So, hopefully at least one of those pictures captures it's true (?) color. 

In other news, my classes start at 11 or 12 every day, and at first I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, because I usually like to be done with school earlier in the day and then do whatever. BUT. I have been loving it! I still wake up before 8 (I woke up at 6 this morning... what?) and then it's like I have the whole morning to just slowly get ready and relax. It's amazing! I feel like it changes the mood to my entire day! Feeling calm and not rushed has really made the days seem more peaceful and less chaotic.




One of our family new year's resolutions was to go on one date a week, no matter how small. 
I think it's important to spend time together away from the television and apartment. When you're married it's easy to get wrapped up in school and work and church and whatever else, and then claim spending time together as something electronically centered. But, I think it's important to do things together that encourage interaction and that are new and exciting! I also think it's important to continue to grow as a couple, as well as on our own. 

This week we went to Chick-Fil-A and had a car picnic. Jake had never been, so we decided to see if it was worth all the hype it receives. It was so weird though... because we went on opening night and it was so packed! They had people outside directing traffic! I would understand this is if there weren't any Chick-Fil-As in Utah, but there is one in the BYU Cougareat, which is like five blocks east! There's one in American Fork, too. I guess it's understandable if the customers were all older-non-college-humans, but Provo is predominantly college kids... So, it was a little strange.

I've only been there one other time, and I remember not liking the Chick-Fil-A sauce, but I tried it again this time and I'm obsessed! I've been craving it sooooo bad ever since we went! 

We were going to drive up to our favorite look out spot and "picnic", but it snowed pretty bad! We figured getting up those steep hills would probably not be the smartest move, so we just parked and ate. I asked Jake if the chicken was worth all the hype it gets, and he said he felt like it was just normal... haha so probably not.


Such a perfectly shaped snowman!


Also, the last pictures of my nails wasn't very good. So, here's a better one. These have been my favorite nails so far.


And lastly, Jake's cute smile since he has a canker sore. It's my favorite! It's usually more crooked than this, but it's still so cute! 



Have a good weekend! I'll be hitting up some serious reading! I've made a resolution to do all the reading for all of my classes... which is what you're obviously supposed to do anyways, haha. But, it sure is a lot! Especially with six classes! But hey, it's good knowledge. For example, 43% of people believe that people bring their mental illnesses upon themselves. To me that seems ridiculous! But, to each their own, I guess.

Oh, and on that note, I've been SERIOUSLY considering doing a post about all of this gay marriage stuff that has been going down in Utah, but I'm so afraid that it will offend people. Then on the other hand, it's like, why shouldn't I talk about things I want to talk about just because other people can't handle different opinions? Idk. I'll probably end up doing it, because that's how I roll.

XOXO
- - - - -
E
1 comment on "0 1 - 1 0 - 2 0 1 4"