Top Social

Day In The Life: First Semester Of Graduate School

Tuesday, March 28, 2017
I feel like things go by so fast. Like living in New York went by so fast (well, it was fast) and when I think back on it sometimes I'm like, "What?? We lived in New York City for a summer?" Like it just seems like something that was a dream or something. 

So, I wanted to post a little daily schedule for what I'm doing right now, because I feel like this will also feel like a dream. I tell J all the time, but living in Connecticut is such an lol thing. It's like, so random, I feel like. When we go back to the west coast, I feel like we will be like, "WTF remember that time we lived in Connecticut??"

So! Without further ado!! 

I drive with J to his work. There is a closer train I could take, but I like taking the one by his work because it goes pretty much direct to New York, without all the annoying stops. I also like having time in the car to do my make-up, eat breakfast, and chat.


Depending on traffic, I catch a train around 6:50-7:00. It's usually full of businessmen who commute into the city. There are three seats on each side, right? So like there will be a guy by the window, and then a guy sitting in the aisle seat, so my only option is the middle seat. THIS IS SO ANNOYING TO ME!! Like the train is usually always full by the time we get into Grand Central, so these guys KNOW they are going to have to move, but just like to make life more difficult?? Then I'll ask them if I can squeeze in there, and often they act like so put out that I am making them move. I'm like, "IF YOU WOULD JUST SIT IN THE MIDDLE SEAT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO MOVE."


I never do this, but just for memories sake, here is what Grand Central looks like when I get in. I come in from the bottom right, and walk to the upper left to the green line.



The subway ride is only 15 minutes on one line to Astor Place, so it's not too bad. Like to be completely honest, I don't mind commuting into the city AT ALL. It's all either someone driving me or public transportation, so I just read or watch The Bachelor. I will especially miss the Metro North and it's calming white noise! Usually no one talks because it's like a social no no. Business guys are always falling asleep lol.


Then, I walk ten minutes to my first class!


I love love love walking through Washington Square park in the morning! There is a dog park there, so there are always tons of dogs which I am obsessed with. Especially in the cold weather it's so serene.


I have class from 8:55am-6:35pm. It's just one day a week, so it's really doable. Idk. Like I don't mind it at all and would do this exactly the same way if I could go back in time. The only thing I don't like is the fact that if my class ends at 6:30 instead of 6:35 I could catch a train that gets in 20 minutes earlier! Agh!


Some days I get off at J's work, if he had a later night or had errands to run. If he wants to go home, he picks me up in Milford. 



He always does this lol.


We get home and pretty much go directly to bed! It's a long day, but it's not too bad getting chauffeured around by this bb :).


School is good! I was accepted on academic probation because of my low undergrad GPA, so this semester I am just making sure I get super good grades! So far so good! 

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment